Elon Musk is the real-world version of Tony Stark. He takes on huge, exciting projects and somehow finds a way to make them work. He’s brilliant, he’s bold, and he’s also the richest man in the world with a net worth of a quarter of a trillion dollars. Although Musk seems to be very much into making things happen rather than explaining to other people how to make things happen, you can learn a lot about his mentality from these quotes.
20) "Optimism, pessimism, f*ck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work."
19) "Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80-to-100-hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour workweeks and you're putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you're doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve."
18) "If the rules are such that you can’t make progress, then you have to fight the rules."
17) "When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, 'Nah, what's wrong with a horse?' That was a huge bet he made, and it worked."
16) "You wanna get up in the morning and be excited about the future. We should fight for the things that make us excited about the future. It cannot just be about solving one sad problem after another."
15) "I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary."
14) "Simplicity is a great virtue but it requires hard work to achieve it and education to appreciate it. And to make matters worse: complexity sells better."
13) "Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time."
12) "Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up."
11) "The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur."