6 Degenerate American Cultural Trends That Have Been Normalized in the Last Few Decades
Our country is not okay
There was a time when every nation in the world would have benefitted from copying America’s culture, but those times have long since passed. Today? Not only is our degenerate culture inferior to what it used to be, but our culture is also one of the most broken, backward, and disgusting cultures on the planet. That is really saying something given that we’re now comparable to places like Palestine, Somalia, and Afghanistan.
Because American culture was so great in the past and still has pockets of excellence here and there, many people may think that’s too harsh, but it’s hard to overstate how many bizarre and harmful cultural trends we’ve normalized over the last few decades. In fact, this article was initially supposed to cover 10 items, but after it had ballooned to 20+ disastrous cultural trends, it seemed to make sense to cut it down to 6 horrific trends instead of only writing a sentence or two about abortion, the #metoo movement, pro-criminal policies, anti-Americanism, obsession with race, etc., etc., etc. As you read about these trends, keep in mind that 30 years ago, none of them were truly mainstream and widespread in American culture.
1) Promoting the gay and trans lifestyle to kids in schools: There was a time in America that parents were worried that gay Americans were trying to “recruit” their kids, but now that it’s pretty clearly actually happening, far too many people are shrugging their shoulders as if promoting being gay and trans to kids is something normal that should be going on in schools.
Why is this happening? Because being gay and trans is CELEBRATED in our culture. There’s tremendous peer pressure on kids to be gay and trans. I’ve had parents bemoan this fact to me. Their kid gets mocked or waved off for being straight and white, but if they were to claim they’re gay or trans, suddenly everyone would be pressured to be nice to them.
There’s a world of difference between saying, “People are what they are, and you shouldn’t hate someone for being gay or trans” and saying, “It’s a good thing to be gay or trans.” That’s not something we should be endorsing, encouraging, or promoting as a society. It doesn’t make for happier human beings, and it doesn’t make for a healthier society.
2) Confusion over how sex works: Human beings have been figuring out how to have sex without a lot of difficulty since… well, since there were humans. Yet, suddenly at liberal colleges across America, people seem to be BAFFLED by the whole process. Of course, this is largely because they’ve started ignoring every behavioral cue that human beings have paid attention to since the beginning of time.
“Oh, the two of them got drunk, made out in public, and headed back to his room to be alone? Well, that doesn’t mean anything.” Really? It doesn’t? “Oh, just because she said nothing while the guy she was making out with undressed her, put his hands all over her, and started having sex with her doesn’t mean she consented.” Since when? Because for thousands of years, that has signified consent. Oh, they both had a couple of drinks, so she can’t consent? Why not? Human beings have been drinking and having sex for thousands of years. They go together like peanut butter and jelly, but now it’s rape because both of them had a couple of beers? Ok, that’s uh… lunacy.
So, is the whole idea of affirmative consent. May I kiss you? May I kiss your neck? May I unbutton your blouse? May I give you a hickey? This sounds like something space aliens trying to figure out human mating habits would come up with, yet it’s being pushed by weirdos at colleges across America. If someone is having a problem figuring this out, that should be treated as a problem they need to work out because it’s them, not the system.
3) Masculine women and feminine men: Bizarrely, modern feminism simultaneously pushes the idea that men suck and that women should be more like men. Meanwhile, modern culture keeps trying to convince men that masculinity has been “reinvented” and it’s now all about crying, carrying a purse and generally behaving like a defective woman.
Stay-at-home moms and feminine women who want to please men are mocked by feminists, not men, while pathetic male simps shell out money to OnlyFans prostitutes for pretending to be nice to them via DMs or whine about how hard it is to date in incel forums.
The more masculine women become, and the more feminine men become, the less happy each sex becomes and the less attractive they are to the opposite sex. The idea that women and men are interchangeable simply isn’t true and the more people who buy into that lie, the more damage it will do.
4) Pornification: Pornography has always been around in one form or another, but in the Internet era, it has become so prevalent that it has bled over in a much wider variety of adjacent areas than most people will admit. As a society, we seem to have accepted the idea that men perusing through dozens or even hundreds of different types of sex scenes each day, all featuring different women, in an effort to sexually gratify themselves while looking at a computer screen, has no significant consequences. However, there’s no way that’s true.
Why are millions of women on OnlyFans? Why do so many people think it’s normal to expose children to drag queens? Why are we seeing an explosion in the number of transsexuals in America? Why do so many young women dress like prostitutes did thirty years ago? Why is our entertainment so sex drenched? Why is deviant behavior so much more accepted in society than it used to be? Pornography seems like part of the answer to all these questions, although unfortunately, it’s hard to prove that since there is a dearth of research about the subject (although most of the research out there certainly isn’t good).
In a healthier culture that wasn’t already overrun with so many moral problems that people don’t know how to deal with them all, this would be a major concern. In America, it’s just one horrible problem out of many.
5) Rampant tribalism: A multi-ethnic society that embraces tribalism is a society doomed to shake itself to pieces unless it changes course. How do you fix a society where different groups of Americans are encouraged to hate each other, lie about each other, and have fundamentally different beliefs about everything that matters including history, religion, culture, economics, race, and even our nation itself? When people are willing to excuse the worst misdeeds on their own side because the other side is supposedly worse, how do you hold everyone to the same standards? When the values of say Florida, Texas, and Utah are fundamentally incompatible with the values of say California, Washington, and New York to the point where each side sees people from the other as hostile to them, how do you hold the country together long-term? Realistically, you don’t.
6) Obsession with victimhood: Americans moved on from an honor culture to a dignity culture to most recently, a victimhood culture where people spend endless amounts of time trying to come up with ways they’ve been victimized. It should be obvious that this is incredibly unhealthy for a wide variety of reasons. It’s certainly not healthy to think of yourself as a victim and the price of refusing to take personal responsibility for your own life is to abandon your fate to people that don’t care about you as a human being.
Additionally, if you think of yourself as a victim, then you also have to cast some other person or group of people as your “oppressors.” This creates a never-ending cycle of antagonism where one group fails, takes no responsibility for their failure, and then creates genuine dislike that didn’t exist before by blaming someone else for their failures. It also creates a perverse situation where the worst bullies and villains in our society almost inevitably claim that they’re actually the victims of the people they’re bullying. You should be ASHAMED of being a victim, not looking for a way to portray yourself as a victim so you can bask in the pity and attention that goes with it.
these six can all go under one category- we are in the throws of a death cult. toss climate hysteria in with the rest of them
Note that divisiveness is not tribal. It is a deliberate effort of minority totalitarians to divide, fabricate group hostility and exploit the chaos for power.
Recall the "Bolshevik" minority renamed themselves "majority" as an outright lie.
The "Mensheviks" stupidly accepted the name "minority," condemning themselves and world to two generations of suffering.