Can We Just Stop? 21 Things We Need to Stop Doing in America
Modern America feels like the prequel to Idiocracy.
You spend all your time going, “How can people be this dumb?” right before everything gets even dumber. We’re at the point now where we’re suffering through “performative dumbness,” which features “influencers” and politicians doing ignorant things solely because they think it will be popular with dumb people.
Can we just stop? Can we stop doing things we know are dumb? Can we stop doing things we know are wrong? Can we just do that instead of the worst offenders giving yet more tedious excuses for their bad behavior?
If you’re doing any of these things, for your sake, for our sake, for everyone’s sake, just stop!
1) Using weird, mentally ill men pretending to be women as spokesmen for products: Whatever your product is, no thank you.
2) Switching the race and sex of characters in movies: If that’s your creative masterstroke, you’re not very creative.
3) Saying, “If that had been a black man instead of a white man, they wouldn’t have gotten away with it”: After watching black rioters get away with pretty much everything during 2020, everyone should know better than this by now.
4) Pretending criminals are victims: The people victimized by criminals should be protected by society, not the criminals shoplifting, breaking the law, and threatening people.
5) Having drag queen story hours: I get that it was probably fun at first to tweak conservatives by having weird perverts read to kids, but that’s way too degenerate to be as popular as it is on the Left.
6) Twerking almost everywhere in public: Okay, MAYBE in a club or something, but in the street? A restaurant? At your kid’s birthday party? Get some class.
7) Corporations pushing controversial social causes: Not only is it cringy and off-putting, but everyone knows corporations have no sincere beliefs other than, “make more money.”
8) Creating sanctuary cities: It turns out “sanctuary city” really means, “We want to be thought of as compassionate for welcoming illegals, but we want other places to have to bear the burden of taking care of the illegals.”
9) Blocking traffic for a protest: Annoying everyone to get social media pics for whatever your stupid cause is doesn’t help anyone, even you, because pretty much everyone thinks you’re an @sshole.
10) Trashing people for being successful: Don’t try to convince everyone to hate, envy, and penalize successful people, try to convince everyone to COPY successful people.
11) Pretending marijuana is healthy for you: Setting aside all the studies to the contrary, who can possibly believe that sucking in smoke from a plant every day can do anything other than hurt you physically?
12) Judging everything by how entertaining it is: As a general rule, the more consistently entertained you are, the more ignorant you are.
13) Trying to censor or shout down opinions you disagree with: Only people who are unsure of what they believe and doubt their ability to defend it are scared to have the opposite opinion presented.
14) Disrespecting the police: You harass the police for clout, but who do you call when you have a dangerous, dirty, situation you don’t want to deal with? The police.
15) Getting in screaming matches or fights with fast food employees: If you are getting into fights over missing utensils or a messed-up order at Burger King, you need to reevaluate your whole life.
16) Trumpeting every white-on-black crime: Many people have literally died because the media has given so many people the false impression that white people in general and cops, in particular, are rampantly murdering black Americans, even though it’s not even remotely true.
17) Paying for OnlyFans: Legions of beta dorks funneling massive amounts of cash to a relatively small number of women is encouraging legions of women to hoe themselves out on OnlyFans to try to get rich. Stop encouraging it, guys!
18) Calling for gun control after some crazy person shoots people: The fact that you might run into a crazy person with a gun is a reason to be armed, not give up your guns.
19) Putting up statues of George Floyd: Even the Confederate soldiers who had statues made of them deserved it more than George Floyd because at least they were good at SOMETHING in their lives.
20) Giving men pretending to be women “women of the year” awards: If you’re going that route, you should at least give them “men of the year” awards.
21) Having fat and/or unattractive “supermodels” pushing magazines and products: I got the idea of doing it once or twice as a marketing gimmick, but now it’s just sad and pathetic.