20) "It used to be that the Internet was the escape from reality. Now reality is the escape from the Internet." -- Kyle Kashuv
19) "AOC talks a lot of sh*t about capitalism for someone with a French bulldog." -- Kat Timpf
18) "This is the entire culture of San Francisco. 'Golly gee whiz isn’t capitalism bad' while eating $40 artisanal sandwiches." -- Shibetoshi Nakamoto
17) "Women's sports are for women, not men pretending to be women." -- Congresswomen Vicki Hartzler
16) "Social media have turned large swaths of our personal lives into platforms for pseudo-celebrity performance, where we display ourselves and observe others without really connecting. And they have elevated expression over action in ways that have mangled our civic and political cultures." -- Yuval Levin
15) "Gender affirming care = biology denying care." -- Chloe Cole
14) "Our society constantly oversimplifies things that are highly complex, whilst making the most basic things appear highly complicated" -- Zuby
13) "You sell things in the extremes. You raise money in the extremes. You get elected in the extremes, but most people can't live in the extremes unless you have one of those jobs where the only way you're going get paid is by ginning up fear." -- Andy Stanley
12) "Teens require roles and rules. They require civilizing institutions and influences. Teens famously make garbage decisions. And it is at this precise point our society says, ‘Go ahead, choose your gender’ and cheers wildly as they announce they are pansexual." -- Ben Shapiro
11) "Our media has clearly demonstrated that it is impossible to report accurately on something if you’re taking money from that same something." -- Florida Surgeon General, Joseph A. Ladapo
Culturcidal by John Hawkins is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
10) "The American standard of child rearing really is ‘kids need 5000 sq ft, a yard, and their own room stuffed with toys but not married parents.’" -- Inez Stepman
9) "Guns do a far better job at restraining government than the Constitution ever has." -- Michael Malice
8) "I don’t wish to sound apocalyptic about this, but one has the sense that at present our society is simultaneously characterized by wildly disproportionate accountability for trivial transgressions and zero accountability for profound institutional failure." -- David Polansky
7) "Actually, the idea that governments can spend without any concern for financial return is the fundamental incorrect premise of our time." -- Balaji Srinivasan
6) "It's interesting how 'trans kids' only exist in a handful of Western nations. And only recently. Just like 'vegan dogs.'" -- Zuby
5) "Maybe it's time to start worrying about real sh*t instead of pronouns." -- Donald Trump Jr.
4) "We will never ever surrender to the woke mob! Florida is where woke goes to die!" -- Ron DeSantis
3) "This is a battle for the future of civilization. If free speech is lost even in America, tyranny is all that lies ahead." -- Elon Musk
2) "If you’re against the Anti-Grooming Bill, you are probably a groomer or at least you don’t denounce the grooming of 4–8-year-old children. Silence is complicity. This is how it works, Democrats, and I didn’t make the rules." -- Christina Pushaw popularizes the use of the word groomer for people who advocate showing explicit sexual material to young children in schools.
1) "Roe was egregiously wrong from the start." -- Samuel Alito
Excellent list of quotes. I just wish I had enough memory to use them all verbatim. Instead, I'll have to be happy that in them, they speak for me.