Tim Kennedy’s 10 Steps to Destroy America
Know what’s so great about this tweet from former UFC fighter and Ranger Tim Kennedy? It includes so much truth in such a small number of characters:
Certainly, there are things we could add to this list, but what Kennedy came up with isn’t bad at all. The first one is probably the least important on the list, but it does matter.
1) Make art ugly: Great art fills us with awe. It inspires us. It makes us proud that we’re part of a civilization that created things like that. Don’t think that’s true? Look at these pictures that I’ve taken traveling around the United States. Imagine that you were there looking at this art and tell me that it wouldn’t produce any of those feelings in you:
On the other hand, ugly, intellectually vacant art produces none of those feelings, although it may produce disgust, disdain, and contempt:
You destroy a nation’s art, and you destroy part of its spirit. Part of its soul.
2) Make porn free: Tube site pornography is a cultural disaster. Ever present, easy-to-acquire pornography is training young men to be degenerate perverts and to respond sexually to stimulating themselves with what they see on a screen instead of with real women.
There’s no way to prove all of this without a lot more research, but I would be VERY surprised if it doesn’t have a lot to do with the trans epidemic, the increase in young Americans identifying as gay, declining numbers of Americans going to church, declining morals, and the declining marriage rate – and as AI becomes more prevalent, expect it to get much, much worse.
3) Make God a joke: Over the long haul, godless societies inevitably turn out to be immoral societies. Taking God out of the picture increases the number of people breaking every one of the 10 Commandments, decreases a population’s sense of purpose, tends to lower the birth rate, and generally just creates more aberrant, unhappy, narcissists who are more likely to be deviants and bad citizens.
4) Make food poison: It’s hard to know how much stock to put into all the anecdotal stories you hear about Americans going to Europe on vacation, eating what they want, and coming back to the US lighter than before because the quality of the food is so much better, but there’s no doubt something is horribly wrong with the food here.
Even setting aside all the chemicals in the food and hormones and chemicals pumped into the animals we eat, the worst food in our entire society is also the cheapest and most prevalent. Almost 70% of Americans are overweight, but as you drive down any street with a lot of restaurants, ask yourself how many of those restaurants are likely to help people move towards health and how many are likely to just make people sicker.
You could do the same thing in any supermarket. Go buy a week's worth of food that looks like it would be the tastiest and a week’s worth of genuinely healthy food and check the respective costs of each cart. It won’t even be close.
5) Make dads optional: Statistically, almost every problem from crime to drug use to suicide can be directly traced back to kids being raised without a dad in the home. If 95% of kids were raised by two parents, an awful lot of our society’s problems would disappear within a generation. Yet, we have managed to create a system where many women are INCENTIVIZED to either never get married or divorce their husbands.
You get pregnant without getting married? Hey, don’t worry! The government will step in to help with everything from food to housing to income. You’ve been married and are getting a little bored at home? Then, get a divorce! You can get half of what your husband spent a lifetime earning along with exorbitant child support that you aren’t required to spend on the kids.
If your goal was to try to make dads optional for as many women as possible, the system we have in place would be a great way to do it.
6) Make politicians rich: Here in America, we laugh at those corrupt countries that have politicians stealing money and taking bribes. After all, here in America, the politicians get their bribes legally.
Look at the staggering amounts some of these politicians are making via what has to be insider trading. Look at all the money flowing into the pockets of the family members of politicians. Note the exorbitant sums these politicians are paid when they get out of office, either to be lobbyists, sit on boards, or for their unread books.
There’s a message there for the politicians currently in office. You scratch our backs now and we will scratch yours when you get out of office. This MAY all be dubiously legal, but it’s also corrupt, unethical, and guaranteed to lead to bad governance.
7) Make money worthless: Every time the government prints more money, it lessens the value of the existing money in circulation. This is what causes inflation and nothing hurts the poor and middle class over the long haul more than inflation.
It puts them in a position where saving money doesn’t pay because the money they save is constantly losing value. It makes them feel like they’re always getting further behind because they need big raises to try to stay even with the decreasing value of the dollar. It puts them in a position where they feel compelled to take the relatively small amount of money they do have and put it in risky investments because the safer bets won’t keep up with inflation.
The only people who really benefit from inflation are the politicians who have racked up debt with our money and who get to pay it back with money worth less than it was when they borrowed it in the first place.
8) Make news entertainment: The most entertaining news is usually not very important, and the most important news is usually not very entertaining. If you can only pay attention to the fun stuff, you’re going to be woefully uninformed and led around by memes, short videos, and slogans like a pig with a ring through his nose instead of having any real understanding of what’s going on in the world.
9) Make men and women compete: Men and women are always best when they complement each other, not compete. Setting up adversarial relationships in marriage, the workplace, and the world is a recipe for disaster.
It’s okay to just admit that men and women are different, and have different strengths, different weaknesses, and different interests. The more American life is treated as a “battle of the sexes” where men and women have competing interests, the more both men and women will lose.
10) Make kids hate their ancestors: When you tell Americans that our ancestors, some of the greatest, most accomplished people in all of human history are actually bad guys they should be ashamed of because they had some beliefs we would find abhorrent today, you rob them of the pride they should have in their country, their history, and their ancestors – and for what?
You can be absolutely certain that some beliefs Americans hold today will be considered repellent by future generations of Americans, so what makes us so sure that we’re right today? Insisting that previous generations shouldn’t be lauded for their great accomplishments because we don’t agree with everything they believed in is a narcissistic and short-sighted way of looking at the world that ultimately undermines our civilization.
All of us are guilty of getting distracted by the controversy of the day while issues like these never seem to get brought up at all. If you don’t have a healthy society, it’s not going to produce the sort of good people you want to share a society with, rely on, and have in your community. Do you want a better country? It starts with addressing the things that are going wrong in our culture.